Hotel and Resort Injuries

Peter M. Commette, P.A., a resort accident lawyer, can help when you have been injured at a hotel or resort. Florida and the Caribbean Islands are known for lavish resorts, which is why many people visiting Florida or the islands spend time at these magnificent but surprisingly dangerous establishments. Because the Florida resorts see so much tourism traffic, coupled with a harsh environment of sand, salt air, humidity, UV rays and employees from other cultures who are not used to and who do not honor our standards of care in the United States, tourists often sustain serious damages. Worse yet, the Caribbean resorts think that they are beyond the reach of the standards of care that we expect and require in the United States, so that, in addition to the same harsh environment and different cultural standards, the design, construction and maintenance of their facilities are not up to the par that they should be, and that they pretend to have in their advertisements. As a result, tourists often sustain serious injuries. If you have been injured when visiting a resort or hotel in Florida or the Caribbean Islands, Peter M. Commette, P.A. is here to guide you through the legal process.

There are different scenarios when a hotel or resort accident lawyer would be needed. For instance, if you were staying at a hotel or resort and were injured during your stay, an accident attorney can help you. In order to have an injury claim against a hotel or resort, your attorney must work up the evidence for you that shows that those in charge of managing the hotel and hotel workers knew or should have known of a dangerous condition that might cause injury to its patrons. This can be a complex area of slip and fall law and that is why it is vital you choose to hire the best Florida premises liability attorney. A hotel accident attorney who understands the complexities of the slip and fall law in Florida or the Caribbean can help you. Caribbean islands and their laws offer even bigger challenges, especially in researching the various ways that their business that they do in the United States might afford the opportunity to bring them to justice in one of the United States where they solicit and conduct their businesses.

There are various ways that tourists and patrons sustain injury at a hotel or resort. Some causes of slip and trips include cracked tile, poor lighting, poor maintenance at the pool, stairs broken and railings missing. Throughout the hotel or resort, if there is sidewalk cracking, uneven sidewalk, pavement cracked, lack of hand railings, inadequate light on the stairs, step downs without caution, wet floors without signs, and broken drip systems or leaking sprinkler systems, and you are injured, you may have a slip or trip and fall case. Unfortunately, some patrons also find themselves with personal injury cases or claims against a motel, hotel or resort because of sexual assaults, batteries and rapes by its own personnel or by lack of security. Typically, personal injury claims against hotels or resorts require a personal injury lawyer to act right away on the injury case. It is important to have pictures of the area where the injury occurred to show the establishment why they are at-fault for the injury, as well as to preserve for evidence later proof of the extent of the injuries. Sometimes, investigators must be hired for quick work, and Peter M. Commette, P.A. has the experience and established contacts throughout the State and Caribbean for the quick work that is many times necessary and the difference between justice and justice swept under the rug.

An experienced Florida and Caribbean resort accident lawyer can help you by getting started on your personal injury case right away. Most hotels and resorts will deny liability of an injury claim. It is important to hire the best lawyer that you can find. Peter Commette has handled many Florida and Caribbean personal injury claims against motels, hotels and resorts. If you have been seriously injured and need the help of a personal injury attorney, contact Peter M. Commette, P.A. for your Free Consultation today.